Instant value, zero administration PathView Appliances for remote site network performance management
PathView Appliances enable the PathView Cloud service to measure real time performance characteristics such as jitter, latency and bandwidth to and from any IP-addressable target. All PathView Cloud models include PathView Appliances and provide unprecedented network insight, offering an easy way to continuously monitor, test and troubleshoot remote site network performance.
Each Appliance is designed to be deployed in a remote location and can monitor hundreds of network paths in real time to give reliable performance insight 24/7/365. The PathView Appliances can also be used as a target at the far end of the network path providing the most accurate measures in each direction independently. Because the PathView Appliances are “always on” targets, they support uninterrupted testing and troubleshooting without impacting production servers or applications.
PathView Appliances are fully self-contained and do not require servers, storage, databases or client software. They can be simply installed at any point on the network where there is power and a network connection, providing key performance metrics in minutes. Both the PathView rackAppliance and microAppliance are non-invasive to production environments and require zero administration or maintenance. Their ability to be remotely configured and updated makes them truly a “set and forget” device, enabling complete network visibility without the hassle of agent based software.
The PathView Cloud Remote Performance Management solution offers simple, affordable monitoring and troubleshooting of the end-to-end performance of network paths, even through third-party networks.
PathView Cloud features and benefits
Deliver unprecedented network performance insight with PathView Cloud Network Performance Management Suite:
- Continuously monitors network performance in real time
- Assesses network readiness for new applications, services and infrastructure
- Quickly and precisely troubleshoots network issues with actionable diagnostics
- Reports on historical network performance and SLA compliance
- Measures asymmetric performance in both directions of a network path
- rackAppliance provides large scale monitoring of multiple networks simultaneously
Deploys easily anywhere on your network
- Automatically and securely connects with PathView Cloud for analysis and updates
- Automatically discovers devices connected to your network
- Always on so you never miss a performance measurement
- Installation requires only power and a network connection, no external hardware or software needed
- Immediately provides real-time, line-speed GigE performance
- microAppliance’s compact/lightweight form enables its use as a mobile engineer tool
Eliminates expensive hardware and maintenance costs
- Great for remote offices that lack an always-on device
- Zero maintenance device with automatic software updates
- No server procurement and provisioning
- rackAppliance features built in auto bypass for light, reliable flow and packet capture
The PathView rackAppliance is the zero administration solution for larger businesses or data centre deployments. The rackAppliance features increased capacity and the ability to monitor multiple networks simultaneously.
The PathView microAppliance is about the same size as a mobile phone. It eliminates the costs of purchasing, provisioning and managing servers.
Application specific monitoring for voice over IP deployments
Conduct live voice assessments without deploying any VoIP gear
PathView Cloud instant-value Network Performance Management leverages a zero administration, cloud-based service to meet the performance demands of today's distributed network infrastructure and network-dependent applications including VoIP, video, virtualisation and IP Storage. PathView Cloud provides unmatched performance insight to network leaders enabling pre-assessment, continuous monitoring and remote troubleshooting capabilities. With the add-on AppView Voice module, PathView Cloud evaluates production networks using real VoIP telephony packets without the deployment of any VoIP equipment. AppView Voice enables you to generate, analyse and measure the impact of live voice traffic on production networks to assure performance throughout the peak utilisation times of a typical business week or month - without ever deploying a single piece of voice gear.
AppView voice features:
- Provides insight into how network security and traffic shaping settings impact your key applications
- Verifies if QoS is having the desired effect on VoIP and other performance sensitive applications
- Enables remote office perspective of networks and applications
- On demand or recurring testing for VoIP readiness
Real-time performance for any internal or external web application from any remote location
AppViewWeb is an add-on module to the PathView Cloud (PVC) Network Performance Management service which provides unique visibility out to the critical websites and web applications that your organisation depends on. From CRM services, to backup, to custom web applications you need to understand the performance from your end users to these web servers, and prepare accordingly to ensure top networked application performance. AppViewWeb is a necessary service for any organisation that relies on web-based applications, or for whom website connectivity is crucial to business operations.
With AppViewWeb, you can quickly answer:
- How fast can this network deliver web applications?
- How fast is my web application to my user base?
- Why are my web applications performing slowly?
- Why is my website connection so slow?
Continuously measure actual performance end-to-end from any location to any website and determine if network configuration is slowing web performance. Break down web performance into individual components to identify the cause of the delay. Easily compare the throughput from any location to the web application against achievable network capacity.
Easy, cost effective method of generating and analysing flow information from any remote location
PathView Cloud and the add-on FlowView module is the first cloud-based integrated solution to provide network engineers with a complete, lightweight and continuous view of network activity at any remote location, independent of the network architecture or existing network hardware. PathView Cloud and FlowView generate flow data at any location with a microAppliance. FlowView provides integrated, cloud based analysis with remote visibility into network activity, while maintaining compatibility with any third-party flow analysis tool. The PathView Cloud suite of services now includes a comprehensive set of assessment, monitoring and trouble-shooting capabilities including PathView's end-to-end network performance visibility, FlowView's user and application usage insight, and deep forensic troubleshooting with FlowViewPlus. With PathView Cloud and FlowView, network engineers have a unique, cloud-based capability for conducting active network analysis, flow and packet capture - all with a single solution.
Simple, secure, remote packet capture for use with WireShark™ and other packet analysis solutions
PathView Cloud and the FlowViewPlus add-on module perform automated packet capture in response to performance problems at any remote location. FlowViewPlus enables secure remote packet captures encrypted with FIPS 140-2 compliant AES 256bit encryption. These captures can be performed on-demand, scheduled or triggered by PathView SLA violation alerts. Automatic packet capture summarizations within the PathView user interface clearly identify the top users and applications consuming bandwidth. Expert users can download full capture files for analysis within WireShark or other analysis tools.
FlowViewPlus provides you with the ability to record the actual traffic flowing over a network for the purposes of:
- Reviewing network usage patterns
- Performing forensics analysis to uncover the root cause of network problems
- Identifying security threats
Ensuring data communications and network usage complies with outlined policy